About Tony Stockwell
Even as a child Tony knew he was different from other children. From an early age he was aware of seeing people before him that others could not see. It was common for him to hear his name being called by someone unseen, and also common for him to be aware of events before they actually happened. To him, all this was perfectly normal.
Born in the East End of London, and part of a close, extended family, much of Tony’s early childhood was the same as any other. All through his early school years and into teenage hood the most amazing paranormal events happened to, and around, Tony.
When he was 16 years old he was invited by a friend to attend a local Spiritualist church to observe a Medium work, and from the minute he set foot inside the door he knew this was what he wanted to do with his life, and what was expected of him. This was the beginning of Tony’s journey to becoming one of the country’s most well-known and respected Psychic Mediums.
Over the years that followed, Tony took every opportunity to develop and demonstrate his mediumistic ability, endeavouring to reunite relatives with their departed loved ones. He is always striving to push the boundaries of his work, wanting each message from the other side to be as perfect as possible to prove, beyond doubt that our spirits are eternal and are able to communicate with us.
•Tony has been demonstrating mediumship for over 23yrs, and has worked all over the world.
•He has had seven UK national tours, ‘In High Spirits’ in 2004, ‘Spirited’ in 2005, and ‘An Evening with Tony Stockwell’ in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 , 2010 & 2011. Tony will continue to tour in 2012 both in the UK and abroad.
•In 2009 he joined forces with top American Medium James Van Praagh for a tour of the UK entitled ‘Across and Beyond – The Best of Transatlantic Mediumship’. Tony is working with James on future projects and visited the USA in July 2010 for live events with James. Further events in the USA are already planned for 2012 including more live demonstrations, a spiritual cruise and large teaching event in New York, once again working with James Van Praagh.
•Tony was a major part of the original ‘The Best of British Mediumship’ tour (2005, 2006 & 2007) demonstrating in such venues as The London Palladium, The Manchester Apollo and St David’s Hall Cardiff.
• In 2005 Tony embarked on a major tour of New Zealand and plans to return in 2012. Tony has worked regularly in Spain, Holland, Germany – and other countries including Italy, France, Denmark, Sweden and the US. In 2012 Tony will be returning to Australia for live demonstrations and teaching events.
Teaching & Lecturing
•Tony demonstrates mediumship, teaches and lectures at the prestigious ‘College of Psychic Studies’ in London, also previously at ‘The Spiritualist Association of Great Britain’.
•He is also an approved tutor of ‘The Arthur Findlay College’ - Stansted Hall, thought by many to be the home of British Spiritualism, with an excellent worldwide reputation in mediumship demonstrating and teaching.
• In 2006 Tony opened his own development and awareness studio in Essex, ‘Tony Stockwell’s Psychic Studio’, offering courses, lectures and workshops on mediumship development and other spiritually related subjects.
• Tony is very proud to be co-founder of The Avalon Project (starting in 1999), to promote and encourage spiritual understanding and development across the country. The Avalon Project offers regular residential teaching and development seminars. (For details on The Avalon Project please see the bottom of this page).
Books & Audio
Tony has so far published four highly acclaimed best-selling books, published by Hodder and Stoughton (under the Hodder Mobius imprint).
•His first book, ‘SPIRITED’ was published in October 2004, and had sold out and gone to a reprint within 4 weeks of publication. To date there have been 5 reprints of this book and it still remains on the core stock list of many UK book retailers.
•Tony’s second book, ‘EMBRACING ETERNITY’ was published in June 2006. This book has received excellent reviews and the initial print run sold out within the first week of publication. Tony Ortzen, author, and also editor of ‘The Psychic News’ and ‘Two Worlds’, described this book as, ‘One of the best a medium has ever written’.
• Tony’s third book ‘THE PSYCHIC CASE FILES’ was published towards the end of 2007 and continues to be one of the best sellers for its publisher in its genre. Exploring different aspects to Tony’s psychic and mediumistic work, this book explores how Tony’s gift can offer insight into unsolved and mysterious cases, and also how spirit messages through mediums can bring closure.
• Tony’s latest book ‘WALKING WITH ANGELS’ was published in May 2010. This highly acclaimed book details Tonys' experiences where the Spirit World has touched individual lives. For many, some miraculous encounters have been life changing. Tony details how some highly evolved spirits have an angelic like quality and divine purpose for the greater good.
• To date, Tony has released five teaching and instructional CD’s including ‘GETTING TO KNOW YOUR SPIRIT GUIDES’, ‘HEALING THE WOUNDED SOUL’, and ‘HEIGHTEN YOUR SPIRITUAL AWARENESS’ and the recent ‘ANGEL EXPERIENCE’. In his fifth CD released in spring 2012 'JOURNEY TO THE SPIRIT REALMS', Tony attempts to describe his glimpses of the splendour and majesty of the other world. All five CD's were produced in collaboration with New World Music and are among their bestselling titles.
Television & Media
• Tony has had four of his own solo television series: ‘The Psychic Detective’, ‘Street Psychic’ and ‘Psychic School’ for Living TV, and more recently ‘ Psychic Academy’ made for the BIO channel, as well as one off specials: Street Psychic San Francisco and The National ESP Challenge.
•Tony has also appeared on The 6ixth Sense, Most Haunted Live 4 and The Mystery of Body 115.
•He was very proud to be one third of the original ‘Three Mediums’, with Colin Fry and Derek Acorah, which was televised twice. The ‘3 Mediums Live at the Hammersmith Apollo’ was the paranormal event of 2003, attracting a live audience of over 3000, and excellent viewing figures when broadcast in August 2003 as the highlight of Living TV’s special Paranormal Weekend.
•In 2003 & 2004 Tony was a regular guest on The 6ixth Sense, as well as the chosen medium for the second series of ‘I’m Famous and Frightened’, working alongside his good friend Danniella Westbrook.
•In November 2004 Living TV filmed and screened ‘The Best of British Mediumship - Live From the London Palladium’ which was a live demonstration with Tony and Colin Fry. This is also available on DVD. In 2006 three more ‘The Best of British Mediumship’ were televised and screened from major theatres in the UK.
•He was also a member of the team for the Discovery Channels TV series ‘LEGEND DETECTIVES’ which investigated famous events in history, working alongside a historian, parapsychologist and presenter.
•Tony was an original member of TV’s ‘PSYCHIC PRIVATE EYES’ investigation team for Zone Reality TV Channel – taking part in 2 series and a 2 hour television special.
•In 2009 the Live DVD, ‘An Evening of Mediumship with Tony Stockwell – Live’ was filmed during his 2009 tour and released. This DVD is distributed by ‘New World Music’.
• He has written columns for Spiritual Lifestyles and Lifted magazines, and has appeared in The Sun, The Daily Mail, The Daily Express, Marie Claire, TV Weekly, Satellite Magazine, London Metro, Scottish Sun and others.
• Tony has a regular column in monthly magazine ‘SPIRIT & DESTINY’, working under the tile of ‘The Spirit Whisperer’. This is one of the most successful magazines in its field. He also has a weekly column in lifestyle magazine 'CHAT!' and is a regular contribitutor to 'SOUL & SPIRIT' magazine.
• He has also spoken on many radio stations (including many BBC regional) discussing his work as a medium and his paranormal experiences.
‘The Avalon Project’
In 1999, along with co-founder Stuart Borley, Tony set up the ‘The Avalon Project’ to promote and encourage spiritual learning, development and understanding. Tony wanted to offer the kind of seminars, workshops, lectures and events that he would have wanted to attend when he himself, was a developing medium.
The idea behind the ‘The Avalon Project’ was to offer an environment of fun, support and of total unity by all those attending. Learning can take place not just from the tutors but also from each other in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Delegates are encouraged to support each other, and not see psychic and mediumistic development as a race or competition, but as a journey for everyone. Everyone can take great pride in another’s achievements and be happy for their successes.
The first weekend ‘Avalon’ seminar was a huge success. Since its conception, it has grown considerably and now offers more weekend seminars, weeklong courses and non-residential workshops than ever, attracting people from not only all over the country, but also Europe, The USA and Canada.
Some of the country’s finest mediums, psychics and teachers have agreed to work with the Avalon Project, including Mavis Pittilla, Eileen Davies, Muriel Tennant, Jean Blackabee, Tim Abbott, Jill Harland, Leah Bond, Carol Bohmer, Simone Key, Lynn Probert, Natalie Walker, Marlene Woolgar, Sue Smith, Colin Fry, Helen DaVita and many many more.
As the ‘Avalon Project’ goes from strength to strength, the family of attendees continues to grow. Many students return time and time again and there are those who attended their first seminar with no knowledge or experience who are now demonstrating mediums themselves.
In 2009 The Avalon Project proudly celebrated its 10th Anniversary, which made both Tony and Stuart very proud.
Click Here for Avalon Residential Seminars